Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slimebag and swg...are they compatible?

1. Back To Top    #1

Slimebag and swg...are they compatible?

This may be a really stupid question, but does anyone know if you can use a Slimebag with your swg, when simply attaching the slimebag to the hose sending the water back into the pool after filtration?

I guess I am wondering if the salt in the water is less than 1 micron...
    Pool Size/Type: 12' x 24' x 52" Intex AG Rectangular Pool
    8,400 gallons
    Filter Type: SWG combined with a 2,000 GPH pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slimebag and swg...are they compatible?

The salt we are most familiar with is sodium chloride. The salt will dissociate into sodium ions and chloride ions, each of which interact with the water due to their ionic nature. This means that salt water really isn't water with salt in it, it is water with the constituents of salt in it. Once there is too high a concentration of sodium and chlorine in water, they can precipitate out. The ions are much smaller than 1 micron.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Alice.

I struggled a bit with this explanation, but I think your last sentence sums it up.

By this statement, I think I could use a Slimebag!
    Pool Size/Type: 12' x 24' x 52" Intex AG Rectangular Pool
    8,400 gallons
    Filter Type: SWG combined with a 2,000 GPH pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, that is fine!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School