Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Please help green stuff setteling on the bottom

Please help green stuff setteling on the bottom

I have been vacuming and vacuming but I can't seem to get the green stuff to go away. It will go away for a few days, but then it will come back slowly over time like 3-7 days or so. The water is clear however the bottom of the pool has green stuff that if you disturb it wil cloud up. I believe that once a vacume it up it is just coming back through my filter and into the pool. Please help.

Thanks
    Daniel
    24' 52" Agp 13500 gallons, PoolSchool, BBB, eco/kleer pump/filter 2.0 hp 70 gpm
    two 2'20' solar panels, 8110 intex swg

Re: Please help green stuff setteling on the bottom

If it's green, it's alive and you need to raise your chlorine level to kill it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

Senior Member In the Industry

Adding to what John said just for emphasis......vacuuming has very little, if any, effect on algae. Chlorine kills algae.
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

KILL the green stuff..............Vacuum the dead stuff. Check pool school on how to shock. Post back some numbers when you can.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

We can help you with this but you will have to get dome reliable test numbers for FC, CC, CYA.

The values from test strips are too wide a range to be useful for adjusting chemicals, you need a good test.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.