Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baja Step Bubblers

1. Back To Top    #1

Baja Step Bubblers

I have two questions:

1) I am chasing some Bubblers for my Baja Step. I would prefer lighted bubblers, I have a liner pool and cant seem to find one to suit.

2) I am using a Intelli touch controller and want to know what control they have over the lighted products such as pool lights, laminiars etc. will i benifit staying with Pentair products or does it not matter?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Baja Step Bubblers

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Big bump!!!

Someone please help!

This is my second post and Noone is answering!

Is it because I'm an Aussie

Thanks in advance for all the great help I'm about to receive

4. Back To Top    #4

Central Massachusetts

It might help if you described what Bubblers and Baja steps are They are not all that common at least around here.

Yes, the intellitouch can control lights in the bubblers. They just have to get their power from the box. they can be put on a circuit just like anything else.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks BK406.

Im using the terminology that ive read on these sites.

The Baja step is like a large shallow first step, maybe called a tanning ledge??

The bubbler I want is something like:

I need it for a liner, and would love it to have led's in it, just to create a nice look, but good for kids to.

thanks shane.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Jacksonville, FL

Interesting and very expensive. Please post pics when you get it installed
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #7

Most of us that have these items have gunite pools.....not vinyl lined. (Sorry, we may not be familiar with the products available for lined pools.)
    16,000 gallon, oval, in ground, fiberlass. WhisperFlow WFDS-26, 11/2 horsepower, Triton II Sand filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I agree with heather in that this application is more common in gunite pools, and that may be why the lack of responses.

The light source/application that you show is about all you have to choose from. You could buy lights that are made for shallow water applications (Hydrell makes some, for example), but they are more for fountain use. Standard pool lights require (here) 18" of water depth to the top of the light ring, something you could not achieve on a Baja step, which is usually about 12-18" deep, and you could not get it to come up through the bubbler like fiber optic.

Neat idea, but not real typical! Fiber optic is also notorious for not being as bright as you might expect, so be ready for that. Most pictures that you see is "enhanced" and is not true to real life.

9. Back To Top    #9

I am using a similar kit as the Fiberstars you linked to. But the one I'm using is from Nexxus, and it ties into a controller for other lights from Nexxus. My main control panel is an Pentair IntelliTouch, and is a gunite pool. Not sure how they work yet since the pool just got waterline tile installed this past week.
    23,500 approx.
    Jandy Cartridge
    1.5HP Pump with Jandy CV 580 filter
    SwimPure Plus with T-Cell 15