Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: For Sale: Jandy AE 2500 heat pump (Heat & cool) $1200

1. Back To Top    #1

For Sale: Jandy AE 2500 heat pump (Heat & cool) $1200

I am selling a 2 year old Jandy AE 2500 Ti heat pump w/ chiller for $1200 plus shipping. The control panel on the heater is also removable so it can be mounted inside. They are about $3500 new (online).

The heater was damaged by hail (baseball size) a few months ago. The coil has several spots where the fins are smashed down and the top fan guard is dented. It runs and heats just fine though. I would imagine you could have an HVAC tech comb the fins and the fan guard could probably be straightened. We're using the insurance money to switch to a gas heater. Our climate doesn't allow it to heat the pool like we want.

Here is a link to the unit: http://www.poolheatpumps.com/AE2500.htm

Here is a link to the hail storm that damaged the heater (video from my backyard): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcgjITeHr3Y

Send me a message if you're interested. Thanks.
    25K plaster, 1 HP Hayward TriStar, 31" sand filter, Mastertemp 400K HD heater, Compupool 40K SWG, peristaltic acid pump, DIY Arduino/Linux Automation, Nitro Wall Scrubber robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: For Sale: Jandy AE 2500 heat pump (Heat & cool) $1200

Man, I hope if you have a shingle roof, that your insurance company replaced it for you! That is some serious Hail!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, fortunately it was all insured....roof, windows, gutters, garage door, heat pump (house and pool). It even dented the aluminum table and chairs.
    25K plaster, 1 HP Hayward TriStar, 31" sand filter, Mastertemp 400K HD heater, Compupool 40K SWG, peristaltic acid pump, DIY Arduino/Linux Automation, Nitro Wall Scrubber robot

4. Back To Top    #4

Crazy question...do you still have this heat pump for sale? Yes, I know, your post is 3 years old!!!!!!