Wasp "stuff" in the pool?

Jul 1, 2009
We have the priviledge of being the oasis for the neighborhood wasps. Their nests are not on our property so getting rid of them poses a problem. They enjoy drinking from the pool and bounce around on the lawn. They do not get annoyed when we swim or out in the yard and do not bother anything. HOWEVER, We have noticed microscopic black stuff on the surface of the pool. Thought it was settling exhaust from a train nearby, but it is only on the surface of the pool. Have never seen it before. I am guessing it is wasp Crud. Just Looking for confirmation of my theory because there is no easy remedy. Do not think it is from any pool related items. Thanks for input!

It might bee. :mrgreen:

Do you see any of this around the edges of the pool?

pool137.jpg

Yes, that is bee poop! Wasp poop is the same color.

It also occurs to me that if you're seeing it, you have a ton of wasps!

After further investigation, have determined they are "springtails". Microscopic insects. Anyway, Just another annoyance. If they Tick me off enough, I will do something about them. Otherwise, as long as the water is balanced, pool equipment is operational, and there are no leaks, They're another part of pool ownership!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.