Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Svenpup went SWCG - First Nano on TFP?

1. Back To Top    #1

Svenpup went SWCG - First Nano on TFP?

The Pool Pilot Digital Nano arrived Friday and I installed it yesterday. Up and running today with bubbles in the returns!

The install was pretty straight forward. If you are going to attempt this yourself, make sure you are comfortable doing both plumbing and electrical work yourself (obviously).

My one issue, and this is a minor one, would also apply to any of the Autopilot SWCGs (and probably any other brand too). Getting the unions (of which there are three) on the cell tight enough to not leak is difficult. Especially since the cell assembly is kinda hanging out there attached only by PVC joints. I feel like in order to rough house the fittings tight enough I am stressing all the pipe joints. I took everything apart and lubed the threads with pool lube, which helped, but not much. Is there some tool I should be using?

I still haven't tuned run times and SWCG % (I am at 10 hours and 30% to start).
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Svenpup went SWCG

Try turning the cell around 180 degrees. Sometimes the unions are slightly off angle and can affect the way it sits when it is put altogether.
    Make sure the o-rings are all in place.

These should be hand tightened only. Make sure pump is off.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Svenpup went SWCG - First Nano on TFP?

It occurred to me to add that the Nano isn't (tiny that is). Seeing the pictures online I thought it might be able to fit in the empty slot in electrical box that my timer is in. It turns out that would have been a bad idea because of overheating issue in the enclosed space, but there is no way it would have fit anyway. It is waaaaay bigger than I imagined.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Svenpup went SWCG - First Nano on TFP?

I'm curious how the nano has worked out for you. We're in the process of building a 12-13k gal gunnite and I'm seriously considering going with a nano...
    12,500 gallon 4-6-4 gunnite sport pool. 3/4 HP Hayward Tri-Star, 3.1^2 FT Hayward sand filter, AutoPilot Nano, The Poolcleaner 2X, 12'x20' solar panels, and a water fall with a home-grown automation system.