Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to upgrade test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

How to upgrade test kit

I am new to testing pools. I have a spa that I have been testing for a few years and have always used test strips, but I have taken over testing my pool (My pool guy was doing a horrible job. Free maintenance for the first year that he installed the pool). I purchased a Leslie's DPD test kit before I found you guys. Getting better at testing but my question is this. Should I purchase the TFT100 kit or can I get the refill pak and use my test block, etc from my Leslie's kit? Also I am on a Salt system and have the salt readout on my remote. DO I need to test this seperately as well?
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to upgrade test kit

You can just buy the FAS-DPD kit from TFTestKits. They sell it as a stand alone test. That would give you a complete test kit compatible with the TF-100.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Bama's right - you can just order the FAS-DPD alone to fill out your kit.

You can also order refills for your kit from tftestkits.net, too. And a speedstir.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

How about Calcium hardness and CYA? Just wondering if it would be better to get the full kit and use what I have for the spa. Still have plenty of reagents except for the last TA reagent. Thanks for all the input!

And is the speedstir that helpful?
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

5. Back To Top    #5

If you need CYA and DPD and CH I'd just get the full kit. That way you get all the little separate cylinders and it all fits in that cute tackle box.

By the time you buy all 3 ala carte you've paid for it anyway.
    16K Gal Plaster | Compupool SWG | Intelliflow VF | TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

Although I still have a fairly full test kit I think I will splurge for the TF100. I have a freestanding spa as well so I think I will use most of the reagents before they go bad.
    I do like the blue case that the Leslie's/Taylor's kit comes in though. Is the case for the TF50 the same as the TF100?

7. Back To Top    #7

Bought the TF100, mixer and borax test strips from TFTestkits. Waiting for them to arrive.

8. Back To Top    #8

You won't be sorry

9. Back To Top    #9

Got it all in and started testing! Trying to learn how to make sense of it all!