This is my first posted question so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have a 30,000 gallon L shaped vinyl liner pool. I've used the BBB method for three years with great results. This year is the exception. I have algae problems. Two days ago (Friday evening) I shocked with 9 lbs of sockit and put in 32 oz of algecide 60 on the advice of our pool store (first time I went there in three years). My readings on Friday from the pool store were FC 4.5, CC 6.1, PH 7.7, CH 77, TA 116 CYA 9. I'm using the trichlor tablets in the feeder so they said I didn't need to add any stabilizer.
The next morning, I still had algae (slight) in the shallow end. Water is pretty clear, except when I sweep I can see the little green cloud of algae. I vacumed, backwashed, swept and added two more gallons of bleach. FC was at least 10 (my test kit stops at 10). I don't know what the CC was because my test kit doesn't show that. Swept again (morning and evening) and added 2 more gallons of bleach that evening.
Next morning, still some algae. Swept again and added two more gallons of bleach (now I'm continuously vacumning). FC still reading above 10.
I'm on my way to the store to find a test kit so I can test the CC but I'm extremely frustrated and broke! I have a sand filter, and we changed the sand last year and I cleaned the sand about a month ago.
Thanks! (just found this site and love it!)