Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electrical Not Included

1. Back To Top    #1

Electrical Not Included

I am in the midst of getting quotes from three different vinyl pool builders. One of the quotes states electrical is not included. Is this a warning sign? Standard practice?

What effect does this have on my liability toward permits, code, etc? Does this give my PB an unacceptable amount of "wiggle" room?

Thanks for the great community. I frankly can't imagine going into this bid/construction process without the benefit of this forum's information.

Thanks,
    -ncpool
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Electrical Not Included

When I had my pool vinyl inground pool built 20 years ago electrical was not included so it probably is standard practice. They can usually give you a list of electrical contractors they use or if you have one of your own you are good to go!!! Good luck.
    18X36 Vinyl IGP, SWG,1HP Hayward Superpump, Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

As Poolgrll says, It's not uncommon for the PB no to include electrical. However I would look long and hard at the builders that did include electrical. That makes it their responsibility to pass inspection so they're more likely to do it right.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

They will usually either subcontract that to a LICENSED electrician or you can find one on your own.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone. As a point of reference what would everyone expect as estimated cost so I can plug a value into my estimate comparison grid?

I think the only non-standard things for us would be two lights, and one extra outlet. I live in the Charlotte-area of NC.
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)

6. Back To Top    #6

The pool builders i know include 100ft of electrical. If its anything more the cost is between the homeowner and electrician. That usually covers Pool light, pump, heater, timer and gfci outlet.

I dont think its anything to be worried about if your builder doesnt include this.
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]