patching linner

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
Well it finally happened, we had a really bad storm and it blew the table, umbrella, and the umbrella stand into the pool..
the table leg ripped a straight gash in the liner.. so off to the pool store i go and they tell me that its not that hard to fix...
its in the shallow end of the pool, so i drained some of the water off so its only about 2 feel deep...
I cut the patch and put the glue on it folded it over and put it down in the water...I tried and tried many time with no luck.. it just kind of wrinkles up and i can't do it fast enough to get it smoothed out....
It really cant be that hard, Or can it...
I am going to call pool store on Monday and they can come out and do it... mean while i have a bowl with some rocks in it sitting on the bottom where the leak is, so it wont leak so fast...
Anyone have any ideas to help me

Hey, hf,

Sorry to hear about the accident.

I have had similar lack of success with pool store patching kits. I think it's the adhesive.

My next pool patch will be with Boxer brand adhesives. Folks here on the forum seem to have much better luck using that brand.

Ive recently used a pool store patch kit for the first time the glue was syrup-like and skinned over in a minute. It reminds me of hh-66 glue. Boxer glue has a longer working time and is slippery like an oil

cool, i will try and find some boxer glue somewhere for next time.. hope there isn't a next time. I am going to be drilling into the concrete and putting some kind of anchors or a bolt and a chain to hold the tables and umbrella's in place..
thanks for the help guys
jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.