ok here we go:
    FC:0
    CC:0
    TC:0
    PH:7.5
    T/A:100
    CH:400?
    CYA:25

the pool is just coming back from green bad its a light green and cloudy now.
    20,000 gal, Cartridge,IG plaster,1 1/2hp motor and flow rate of 90-120, in sunny florida, Great White vacuum. Taking back my pool from the money hole pool store!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First test with the TF-100 results

Have you tested the CH of your tap water? If you have been using cal-hypo that would account for a high CH result. You can work with that CH by dropping the TA down to around 70 and keeping the pH between 7.2 and 7.5 so you decrease your risk of developing scale.

You can raise your CYA to around 30-35 to keep your chlorine from burning off too quickly. It sounds like you still need to shock the pool. You want to keep your FC around 12 (shock level) until you pass the overnight test.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

no will test now that tap water should i use the filtered port on my sink? just put a full jug in the pool of 10.5% chlorine
    20,000 gal, Cartridge,IG plaster,1 1/2hp motor and flow rate of 90-120, in sunny florida, Great White vacuum. Taking back my pool from the money hole pool store!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

I would test an unfiltered source, perhaps the outside tap if that is what you use to top off the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Tap water 80-90 CH

6. Back To Top    #6

You would need 2 gallons, 1 quart of 10.5% liquid chlorine to bring the FC up to 12 ppm to shock the pool. You have already added 1 gallon, so you would need 1 more gallon and 1 quart to raise the pool to shock level.
    TFP Moderator
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy20
    Tap water 80-90 CH
    That is good. If you want, you could drain some of the water to get the CH a little lower or you can manage with the CH you have now by dropping the TA. If you live in a part of the country that freezes in the winter, you will drain some of the water when you winterize your pool then refill in the spring. As long as you stay away from the cal-hypo that should be enough replacement water to bring the CH into line.
    TFP Moderator
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

I would keep checking the FC every hour or so to make sure you keep the FC at shock level. This is a very important step in shocking your pool. You have to keep the FC as close to shock level as possible. The more you can keep it at shock level the faster the process will go. Then when you get up in the morning check it again and get the FC back to shock level until you have no FC loss overnight.
    18X38 Grecian 26000 gallon In Ground Vinyl. Goldline AuqaRite SWG with a 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Triton 2 Sand Filter Two main drains with 4 main returns with 2 more returns on the swimout and two skimmers. Polaris 380

9. Back To Top    #9

added 2 1/2 gal of bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

I would keep checking the FC every hour or so to make sure you keep the FC at shock level. This is a very important step in shocking your pool. You have to keep the FC as close to shock level as possible. The more you can keep it at shock level the faster the process will go. Then when you get up in the morning check it again and get the FC back to shock level until you have no FC loss overnight.
    This is very good advice. Do not worry about your other parameters until your pool is clear. At the stage you describe your water, it may be OK to test and add chlorine twice daily but propbably not less than that. The better you keep the FC up where Ken suggested, the sooner your pool will clear.

All your other parameters can be dealt with later.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

So go buy 10 gal of 10% bleach?

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Sure. At least that much. You will not waste any of it and you don't want to run out in the middle of the process.
    Dave S.

13. Back To Top    #13

Ok just tested again at night 8pm here :
    FC: 4.5
    CC: 0.5
    TC: 5
    PH: 7.3

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy20
    Ok just tested again at night 8pm here :
    FC: 4.5
    CC: 0.5
    TC: 5
    PH: 7.3
    Okay, you know what to do....get your FC up to 12-15ppm. Tomorrow AM, test first, then add enoughto get it back up to 12-15ppm again.

Brush, vacuum, and backwash/clean the filter as necessary.

Keep that FC up twice daily at least.
    Dave S.

15. Back To Top    #15

will do. thanks for the help will post back in the AM with the over night results!

16. Back To Top    #16

ok back in the morring:
    FC:2
    CC:.5
    TC:2.5
    PH:7.4

17. Back To Top    #17

Good morning! Did you add anything between last night's test and this morning's? Bump your FC back up to shock level, keep your filter clean and your pump running. Brush the walls and vacuum if you see any piles of debris. Has the appearance of the water changed any?
    TFP Moderator
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

18. Back To Top    #18

As you can see something is eating up the chlorine overnight and it is not sunlight! So you need to get the FC back up to shock level and check it as often as possible today and add bleach as needed.
    18X38 Grecian 26000 gallon In Ground Vinyl. Goldline AuqaRite SWG with a 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Triton 2 Sand Filter Two main drains with 4 main returns with 2 more returns on the swimout and two skimmers. Polaris 380

19. Back To Top    #19

ok will add stuff now i had not bleach left after last night. will put 5 gal in now and test in 2 hrs.

20. Back To Top    #20

ok only put 2.5 gal in of bleach the FC is at 7 and No cc. it is night here now so should i just see how much i looks over night and then add some more in the morning?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast