Paramount in floor cleaning system

I have a Paramount System as well and it seems to leave a little sand in 2 corners and a little around the main drain but otherwise keeps the pool very clean. I just brush the corners every couple days as needed.

It's variable; I assume you can run the circulation system without using the cleaner heads? If so, just try cutting back the time til you notice that the pool is dirtier than normal. You should be able to figure out how much time is required by fiddling with it a little this way.

I run mine whenever the filter is running, you get better water distribution if you need to suspend it you can pause it on the valve unit itself. I personally do not suspend it even with swimmers.

macgas said:
How long should I run the in-floor system, what is the end point?
Sorry if this is little after the fact.

Paramount made pop up heads that ratchet 8 times to complete one rotation. Then they changed that to 16 positions for one rotation. Each position takes approximately one min.

How many modules you have, make the difference at this point.
one module takes 6 min to complete it's rotation. two mods take 12 min. And three also take 12 min.
It will take one full mod rotation to complete one position on all heads.

So, one full 8 position pop-up rotation will take 6 min X 8, or 48 min on single module system.
12 X 8 = 96 min for a two module, and the same for three.
Note: on the 2 module systems, there are repeats that require the valve to rotate twice to fire all the heads. Thats why it takes the same amount of time as the three mod systems.

This is based on 8 position heads. Double the time for the 16's.
Paramount suggests 2 or 3 pop-up head rotations per day.
single 2 1/2 hours.
double and triple 5 hours

Times based on three rotations, averaged up to the nearest 1/2 hour.
Doubles or triples could try doing only two rotations (to cut time down) to see if that will clean the pool enough.

This is Paramounts recommendation for full coverage. You may, or may not need to run the cleaner every day with these times. You will more than likely need to experiment with run times, to see what works best for you. You can definitely run the pump less if you don't need the pool cleaned in one day, every day.

Hope this helped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.