Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Paramount in floor cleaning system

1. Back To Top    #1

Paramount in floor cleaning system

I have two areas in my pool near the deep end where gravel and sand collect. No problem with leaves, Is it unrealistic to believe that the in floor cleaner should get most everything?
    17,000 gal in ground with spa, wet edge surface, Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaner,Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VS SVRS pump , waterfall with 1 1/2 hp booster, Del ozone Eclipse1 ozonator, puck feeder. Borates added 8/2/2010

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Paramount in floor cleaning system

Paramount says all but 3 to 5 percent. All your down jets, and fixed heads, must be operating perfectly (correct pressure/flow) to get this number.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a Paramount System as well and it seems to leave a little sand in 2 corners and a little around the main drain but otherwise keeps the pool very clean. I just brush the corners every couple days as needed.
    Kurt R
    35900 gal. 20x40 Inground, Vinyl Liner with Deep End in the Middle, Roman Stairs on Both Ends
    Sta Rite Sys 3, Hayward 1.5 Super Pump, Aqua Heat Heat Pump, Paramount in Floor, BBB

4. Back To Top    #4

Ditto here; little piles of sand in 3 or 4 spots. I just fan them toward the drains every now and then.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

5. Back To Top    #5

How long should I run the in-floor system, what is the end point?
    17,000 gal in ground with spa, wet edge surface, Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaner,Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VS SVRS pump , waterfall with 1 1/2 hp booster, Del ozone Eclipse1 ozonator, puck feeder. Borates added 8/2/2010

6. Back To Top    #6

It's variable; I assume you can run the circulation system without using the cleaner heads? If so, just try cutting back the time til you notice that the pool is dirtier than normal. You should be able to figure out how much time is required by fiddling with it a little this way.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

I run mine whenever the filter is running, you get better water distribution if you need to suspend it you can pause it on the valve unit itself. I personally do not suspend it even with swimmers.
    Kurt R
    35900 gal. 20x40 Inground, Vinyl Liner with Deep End in the Middle, Roman Stairs on Both Ends
    Sta Rite Sys 3, Hayward 1.5 Super Pump, Aqua Heat Heat Pump, Paramount in Floor, BBB

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by macgas
    How long should I run the in-floor system, what is the end point?
    Sorry if this is little after the fact.

Paramount made pop up heads that ratchet 8 times to complete one rotation. Then they changed that to 16 positions for one rotation. Each position takes approximately one min.

How many modules you have, make the difference at this point.
    one module takes 6 min to complete it's rotation. two mods take 12 min. And three also take 12 min.
    It will take one full mod rotation to complete one position on all heads.

So, one full 8 position pop-up rotation will take 6 min X 8, or 48 min on single module system.
    12 X 8 = 96 min for a two module, and the same for three.
    Note: on the 2 module systems, there are repeats that require the valve to rotate twice to fire all the heads. Thats why it takes the same amount of time as the three mod systems.

This is based on 8 position heads. Double the time for the 16's.
    Paramount suggests 2 or 3 pop-up head rotations per day.
    single 2 1/2 hours.
    double and triple 5 hours

Times based on three rotations, averaged up to the nearest 1/2 hour.
    Doubles or triples could try doing only two rotations (to cut time down) to see if that will clean the pool enough.

This is Paramounts recommendation for full coverage. You may, or may not need to run the cleaner every day with these times. You will more than likely need to experiment with run times, to see what works best for you. You can definitely run the pump less if you don't need the pool cleaned in one day, every day.

Hope this helped.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

9. Back To Top    #9

I run mine 3 times a day at 7:00am, 12:00 noon and 4:00pm. The time is 1.5 hours each. In the fall when leaves are really falling I just turn it on manually every couple of days and let it run for 4-5 hours straight.
    20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater