Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stain on Bottom of pool liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Stain on Bottom of pool liner

This stain is forming on the bottom of my pool liner, its not any type of growth, I cant scrub it off, water has always been right on and clear. Help

2. Back To Top    #2
    New Jersey shore

Re: Stain on Bottom of pool liner

if you bring your chlorine level up and hold it up for a few days does it fade?
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

3. Back To Top    #3

It could be a heavy metal stain. Theres products that can be purchased that can remove them. I use one called stain free, It has worked great in the past.
    First is the stains dark or black in color or get worse when you add chlorine/shock your pool? Whats your PH? You'll probably need to raise your ph before adding.
    WHat is your means of testing?
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

Try a couple of things.
    1. hold a trichlor puck on it for a few minutes and see if it changes.[/*:m:1b4t36zj]
    2. If that doesn't work, hold a vitamin C tablet on it for a few minutes.[/*:m:1b4t36zj]
    Let us know if either of those change it any.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit