Okay I have a 12 foot Intex pool with a 2500gph pump. A few weeks ago I ran out of chemicals and used some SUPER cheap chlorine pucks. Since then, the water has been horrible. Chunky white scum floats on the surface and the water refuses to clear up. I have shocked the ever-loving **** out of it in hopes of burning the **** off. No luck! There is chunks of puck by product on the pool floor. I bought a really good filter from my local pool store and it still is really pretty white. I have sprayed it and put it back in. No help. The pool values are Way out of whack and refuse to come around with adjustment. I am thinking a total drain and filter backwash is going to have to be done.