Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can i move the Hayward side discharge to up discharge?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can i move the Hayward side discharge to up discharge?

i just got a new hayward pro lx 1.5 hp pump side discharge on sale for 199.99... i want to know if i can unscrew the housing and turn it so its pointed up like regular pumps and rescrew it back on? or can i just getting a 90 degree fitting to route it upward? i think i just answered me own question then.......so any info on this mod or if anyone has done it let me know..........mike
    18ft 52in deep doughboy 8000 gallons
    22 in sand filter
    1 1/2 pump
    tk-2006 test kit that rocks!
    12.5% chlorine
    aqua critter vac

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can i move the Hayward side discharge to up discharge?

You sure can

Get yourself a new shaft seal assembly (SP 1500 - ?) and rip that puppy apart and reorient the discharge (you might even not have to take the impeller off to do it, but I think you'll have to).

I'm out tomorrow because of a job interview in Maine so won't be back on the board until Sunday pm or Monday.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)