A little help for a newbie

Jul 30, 2010
Hi All! I'm a newbie here and to pools (as of last summer). This is a great site with a lot of knowledgeable people. I'm glad I found it.

Currently I believe I'm close to getting my pool cleared back up. We came back from vacation a week ago to find a green film on the bottom and after shock, brushing, cleaning filter, etc. I'm at a bit of a cloudy state with the water. I can see the liner design in the bottom of the pool but it's cloudy.

I have a 28' round pool 4.5' deep. I believe it to be 20,700 gallons. I don't have one of the test kits and am still using the test strips. I know a test kit is widely recommended here and I will get one eventually but don't have one to use at this time.

After the last shock last night, I tested this AM and here are the numbers from the test strip.

FC 10
PH 6.8
TA 40ppm

What do I need to add to have crystal clear water and a suitable pool for my daughters 11th birthday pool party next Saturday? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

Your pH is too low.
Good catch Steve. Don't know how I missed that.
You need to be in there swimming and splashing around a lot. Or you could add a little Borax. I don't trust the strips but they have your TA low too. Baking soda will fix that too.

Learn to use the Pool Calc if you haven't already.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.