Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Partial Drain?

1. Back To Top    #1

Partial Drain?

Okay this is probably a really dumb question but I am thinking about doing a partial drain to lower CH levels and the salty taste. But I am not sure how to drain it? where does the water go? I live in Las Vegas and know how to turn the big levers to drain it but if I wanted to drain 3,000 gallons, where would that water go?

Just FYI, pool has been BBB for 3 years now, I also absolutely love my borates, but currently water is EXTREME salty taste and I cannot even measure the CH levels anymore.
    12,000 Gallon
    Hayward 2HP Pump
    Solar Panel
    TF-100 Kit
    Built 2004, bought Dec 2007
    BBB All the Way

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Partial Drain?

What kind of filter do you have? Your signature doesn't indicate it.

3. Back To Top    #3

Cartridge. I have cleaned them bedsore and that let's our a lot of water but I just let that go in the yard but the yard can't handle all that water.
    12,000 Gallon
    Hayward 2HP Pump
    Solar Panel
    TF-100 Kit
    BBB All the Way

4. Back To Top    #4

When we dump to re-plaster, we take it down the sewer. Try and let the chlorine burn off first, if possible. And be careful draining in your heat if you have plaster

5. Back To Top    #5

How do you take it down to the sewer? ours is all the way down 2 blocks. I might have to ask a neighbor or something.
    12,000 Gallon
    Hayward 2HP Pump
    Solar Panel
    TF-100 Kit
    BBB All the Way

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by nitz369
    How do you take it down to the sewer? ours is all the way down 2 blocks. I might have to ask a neighbor or something.
    Through your clean out. You should be able to find it outside, near the bathroom(s) or kitchen, typically. Sometimes they are in the garage (mostly in newer houses).