A change to the slideshow...

Great Idea Sean!

No offense to Buggs and Maxsrents (I love both of your pools), but they were the only pools I hardly ever saw on it. I usually am on the home page only a short while, then jump into the forum.

How about allowing a picture of the user's pool in their public profile. I often associate some users by what I remember of their pool. ie. ktdave, waterbear, and skinnydipper to name a few. I see their names, I picture their pools. I'd be nice that have that for everyone.

crabboy said:
How about allowing a picture of the user's pool in their public profile. I often associate some users by what I remember of their pool. ie. ktdave, waterbear, and skinnydipper to name a few. I see their names, I picture their pools. I'd be nice that have that for everyone.

Any member can upload a picture of their pool to their avatar as waterbear has done. A gallery would also adress this issue. With the new version of the forum software just around the corner, I'm hesitant to make too many significant changes as they would have to be redone whenver we make the upgrade.

The Mermaid Queen said:
I second the idea of labeling the slide show, when you get a spare minute or two!! ;)

Unfortunatley, it's not that simple. Initially, I just used the filename for the photos of whatever the members used. More recenlty I have started naming them using username's but it is still probably only about 50/50. Basically, in order to incorporate the names, I'd have to remove every picture, rename and re-load them and then figure out a way to have the filename displayed in the slideshow.

It may be a lot more feasible to add a gallery where members could have their own photo albums.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sean, you are so nice and you have all of us spoiled rotten! :wink:

You know how kids like to push the envelope, maybe you should treat us more like (your) kids and tell us "NO" every now and then! :hammer:

Can I be barred for comments like that? :shock: oh no, :slidehalo: .....

Joyce

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.