Dosing acid... and Bleach

acroy

May 11, 2010
Dallas TX
I have a SW pool. The SWG is undersized for the pool - at 100% output it does not make enough FC. All else is good - runtime, all other chemistry.

I'm going to start supplimenting with bleach to get the FC up.

I've already rigged an acid doser to maintain pH, using drip lines & fiitings, plugged into the suction side of my pump. It pulls 5% (watered down) acid from a 5-gal pail whever the pump is running. Works like a charm! :party:

I'd like to set up a similar system for bleach. Any objections to mixing the two chemicals using a T-fitting into the pump??

or would that just make chlorine gas, and blow up everything & kill everyone :whoot: ?

I can water down the chemicals to any 'safe' level. I only need maybe a gallon of regular stregth bleach a week.

I would not suggest storing Bleach and acid anywhere near each other. While I'm sure you can build a good dosing device, one malfunction = kaboom :thumbdown:

Just my opinion.

They need to mix into the pool water separately, never mix acid and bleach together before adding to the pool. If you are using a pump or injector of some kind for both acid and bleach the injection points need to be at least a foot apart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.