Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the Trouble Free Pool site

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the Trouble Free Pool site

I have recently became a proud owner of an inground swiming pool here in Gallipolis, Ohio (southeast OH)! I have installed a 20x40 rectangle pool in my backyard with 8ft diving board. Using a salt water generator and gas heater. It will be a new and different life for me, my wife and 3 young girls. As a pool owner, I am continuing to get a clearer picture of just how huge a responsibility this is going to be. As well as how much we don't know about the little things that will save us time and energy to maintain our new pool. I found this website and am really excited to get to know other pool owners out there and tap into their expertise and little "secrets" that could help me with our new pool.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Chris Petro

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: New to the Trouble Free Pool site

Welcome to TFP.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Welcome to TFP.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome! I hope you have found your way to the Pool School and the Pool Calculator. Feel free to ask questions about anything that comes to mind as you read.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW Iowa

Hi Chris! Congrats on the new pool! And welcome to TFP!
    5,000 Gallon 16'x 48" Intex Ultra Frame, Waterway 1hp sand filter, Intex SWG, AquaCritter, TF100
    Climate/Location: SW Iowa

6. Back To Top    #6

Southern Indiana

Welcome to TFP, Chris! You are fortunate to have found this site at the beginning of your "pool journey". I stumbled around for 5 years after inheriting a pool very similar to yours before finding this site. I think you will find the information and support here valuable. Even after several years of researching about pools and pool chemistry, it was helpful to go through the Pool School first. As anonapersona said, also go to the Pool Calculator, an invaluable tool.
    25 K gal, vinyl, IG, next to forest,liquid chlorine and tab chlorinator backup,55gpm sand filter,1.5hp pump