Polaris Hose stuck in nut!

Jul 29, 2010
I had a leak in a section of the Polaris hose from the unit to the back up valve. When I went to remove the hose, the hose broke off in the nut! I an not get it out - now on both ends.

Do I have to break the nut off and get new ones? Or is there some trick to get the hose remains out of the nut?

Thanks.

zzotto21

Welcome to TFP. There was a discussion about those nuts a while back but i can't find it now. It may not be your particular problem but it might be worth a search.

Maybe if you post a picture of it someone will know what to do.

A Picture really will not show anything. The hose is stuck in the not and when I went to pull it out, I ripped it out except for what was left inside the nut! So now I can not get the remains out and I can not take the nut off because the hose remains make it too tight!

Woe is me.

zzotto21

If I'm reading this correctly, it's happened to me, and I felt it was easier just to go buy a new nut for a few $$ then to try to mess with it. I guess you could try an exacto knife or something to cut out the hose, but again, the slices on your hands and frustration probably isn't worth the price (although I am always shocked at the cost of Polaris parts!!).

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.