Can I do a CBB method

countryboy20

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 27, 2010
i can get chlorine for .99$ so it is cheeper to use that then bleach for me. will this work. I am waiting for my test kit for the pool and it was green yesterday like bad. so ijust put 5 gal of chlorine in and another 2 1/2 this morning. the pool store says i have no choline and need to raise my total alkalinity from 50 to 80-140. what do i do? thanks!!!

You will have to explain what you mean by "chlorine" and do you mean 99 cents per gallon? Bleach is sodium hyochlorite solution, the most readily available source of chlorine. It comes in several strengths (5.25%, 6%, 10%, 12.5%) and is sold as Clorox, other brands of household bleach, Liquid Shock, and any number of other names. ON TFP it's all "bleach". Powdered chlorine is usually calcium hypchlorite. Other solid (usually large or small tablets) are stabilized forms of chlorine. I doubt if you are talking about pure chlorine gas. I have heard of commercial properties using chlorine gas, but am unfamiliar with the details.

countryboy,

To answer your post, "Yes", it is fine to use. chlorine and bleach are the same thing.........simply different concentrations.

Until your kit gets to you, I suggest you put in 1/2 gallon of chlorine each evening and do nothing else. Disregard the Alkalinity question.

When your kit gets to you, post a full set of test results and we'll all help you get it crystal clear.

How does your water look now? What part of FL are you in?

On a slightly different subject, what's your opinion of that Great White cleaner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.