Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I do a CBB method

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I do a CBB method

i can get chlorine for .99$ so it is cheeper to use that then bleach for me. will this work. I am waiting for my test kit for the pool and it was green yesterday like bad. so ijust put 5 gal of chlorine in and another 2 1/2 this morning. the pool store says i have no choline and need to raise my total alkalinity from 50 to 80-140. what do i do? thanks!!!
    20,000 gal, Cartridge,IG plaster,1 1/2hp motor and flow rate of 90-120, in sunny florida, Great White vacuum. Taking back my pool from the money hole pool store!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I do a CBB method

You will have to explain what you mean by "chlorine" and do you mean 99 cents per gallon? Bleach is sodium hyochlorite solution, the most readily available source of chlorine. It comes in several strengths (5.25%, 6%, 10%, 12.5%) and is sold as Clorox, other brands of household bleach, Liquid Shock, and any number of other names. ON TFP it's all "bleach". Powdered chlorine is usually calcium hypchlorite. Other solid (usually large or small tablets) are stabilized forms of chlorine. I doubt if you are talking about pure chlorine gas. I have heard of commercial properties using chlorine gas, but am unfamiliar with the details.
    phil_d
    20,000 gal. vinyl liner pool
    Hayward Perflex EC-65 DE filter w/1.5 hp Hayward Super Pump
    Liquidator w/ 3/8" upgrade
    Aquabot Jr. pool cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

i can buy 10.5% "bleach" for $0.99 per gal.
    20,000 gal, Cartridge,IG plaster,1 1/2hp motor and flow rate of 90-120, in sunny florida, Great White vacuum. Taking back my pool from the money hole pool store!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy20
    i can buy 10.5% "bleach" for $0.99 per gal.
    Where are you getting that from. I'd love to get some of that!
    24' round Vinyl lined Sharkline pool, 4' deep
    13,500 gallons, buried 1 foot deep
    1.0 hp pump
    Hayward EC-65 DE Filter
    Polaris 65 Automatic Pool Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

My friend is a pro pool cleaner an he gets it at cost so I told him to put me on his account and I buy my stuff from the same store he does.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

countryboy,

To answer your post, "Yes", it is fine to use. chlorine and bleach are the same thing.........simply different concentrations.

Until your kit gets to you, I suggest you put in 1/2 gallon of chlorine each evening and do nothing else. Disregard the Alkalinity question.

When your kit gets to you, post a full set of test results and we'll all help you get it crystal clear.

How does your water look now? What part of FL are you in?

On a slightly different subject, what's your opinion of that Great White cleaner?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

the pool is light green and cloudy and i live in sunny south florida, boca raton to be exact.