need advice brand new liner trouble

Jun 12, 2010
Our pool install went well, the installers really took time and seemed to do it all right. cept one thing. the liner. right at the time of the over the wall liner install it got windy and everyone in my 7 person family helped to support the wall as they put in the liner. was a bit scary to me as the pool owner.

so they hooked up a vacuum and sucked the liner to the sides. and the tanker came the guy was impatient and started putting in the water. well it turned out the liner was not sucked to the side on the far end away from the vacuum and pulled into the pool. so much that we had to stretch it to get it to go over the wall. so the far end of the pool. you could not see the liner sticking out on the outside of the wall at all. I was there helping and questioned this and thought it may come undone cause you could not see if it was 'really' over the wall. jason, the installer said it would be fine that the water was full and it would hold just fine and a bunch of customer want their liner trimmed so you can not see it anyway. So i trusted him. he had been a pro all day.

well this week the liner in that end came down off the wall. it is not in the pool and when pushed against the wall it goes all the way to the top of the wall, but it is on the inside. So i called him and he said he would get back to me but it has been days and no other phone calls have been returned so i need to know how to proceed.

I have not let my kids in the pool since 'the incident' just so no one pulls at it. it doesn't appear to be slipping down anymore looks like it kinda just slipped out. i think there was one weak point at the end that was never really over the wall and that worked loose and pulled out a section. it is now about 4 feet of undone-ness.

so what do i do now? I will not let anyone swim till it is fixed. (i am very unpopular) when i talked to the installer he said it would be fine that way till he got here and we could swim i am just afraid so kid will playingly grab it and dump water down the wall.

In my opinion the guy messed up should have had the liner sucked to that wall or used a second vaccuum and he should come and fix it.

can it be fixed? and how?

is it right of me to think it is his issue to fix?

if he will not come can i attempt it?

do we need to drain the pool?

need some advice/ expertise.

Attachments

• 34346_1527071539698_1321957055_31425096_1278088_n.jpg
    34346_1527071539698_1321957055_31425096_1278088_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 125
Can you post a closeup pic of the spot in question?
Without a doubt it can be fixed. The question is, can it be fixed without draining the pool.

If it were me, I would let them swim. Just make sure they don't mess with it.

I'm no pool pro, but my opinion is if you pay for a service, it needs to be done right. If the over lap liner is not overlapping then it is not done right. They should come out an reset the liner.

Unless there is a huge wrinkle in the pool, I don't think the liner can just be reset. If it would need to be pulled over, that will throw the cut-outs for the skimmer and return off.

And to answer your other question, yes, the pool would need to be drained.

usually a liner should be able to stretch that amount, however, maybe it was already really stretched at that point....
Definitely going to need to drain the pool for the most part, sometimes you can get enough material by draining it to the floor and working material over to that side from center - this won't disturb your cutouts unless they are directly beside the affected area which it does not sound like they are.
Simply pulling it over the wall again with the water left in the pool will just make it pull off again in time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.