Good brand of hot tub/spa?

MrsFusion

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2010
SW Iowa
We have decided to stick with our smaller pool for now. We might be moving next spring. So hubby said I could look into getting a hot tub instead. At this point we don't need a fancy one with all the bells and whistles...just looking for a nice older one. There are so many brands out there, I have no idea where to start looking.

I'm hoping someone can fill me in on the brands that hold up well :)

TIA!

I'm also interesting in hearing what hot tub brands others have selected. I just built my inground pool and decided to leave off the spa from that project, and instead will install a hot tub up on the raised cedar deck at some point. Living in the northeast, it seemed senseless to install a spa in my pool since I won't be able to use it after I close up the pool for the fall/winter. Having a separate hot tub on the deck (closer to the door to the house!) seems like I'll be apt to use it more often throughout the year.

I recommend attending a home show or county/state fair where hot tubs are displayed. This will give you an opportunity to sit in and talk to many manufacturers in one location. They often times will offer special pricing during these events.

Also, some hot tub stores will allow one to wet test a tub in their store.

oh yeah and be careful wet testing a tub, its an awful lot like a car dealership letting you take a car home for the weekend, tough to just hand it back and say no thanks.....tough to get out of the tub and say no thanks, we close about 90% of our wet tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.