Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good brand of hot tub/spa?

1. Back To Top    #1

Good brand of hot tub/spa?

We have decided to stick with our smaller pool for now. We might be moving next spring. So hubby said I could look into getting a hot tub instead. At this point we don't need a fancy one with all the bells and whistles...just looking for a nice older one. There are so many brands out there, I have no idea where to start looking.

I'm hoping someone can fill me in on the brands that hold up well

TIA!
    5,000 Gallon 16'x 48" Intex Ultra Frame, Waterway 1hp sand filter, Intex SWG, AquaCritter, TF100
    Climate/Location: SW Iowa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good brand of hot tub/spa?

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm also interesting in hearing what hot tub brands others have selected. I just built my inground pool and decided to leave off the spa from that project, and instead will install a hot tub up on the raised cedar deck at some point. Living in the northeast, it seemed senseless to install a spa in my pool since I won't be able to use it after I close up the pool for the fall/winter. Having a separate hot tub on the deck (closer to the door to the house!) seems like I'll be apt to use it more often throughout the year.
    20'6" X 38'6" (609 sqft)
    22,500 gal gunite/plaster IGP
    DE filter, Jandy 2HP pump, Nature2 Sanitizer (removed cartridge!)
    Raypak 39.9K BTU gas heater
    2 ColorLogic lights, Maytronics Dolphin pool cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I recommend attending a home show or county/state fair where hot tubs are displayed. This will give you an opportunity to sit in and talk to many manufacturers in one location. They often times will offer special pricing during these events.

Also, some hot tub stores will allow one to wet test a tub in their store.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I am pretty partial, but you have to shop a Jacuzzi store. The jetting is far different from any other hot tub i have seen out there and when you get into one its obvious.
    Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself for he will never cease to be amused.
    To teach is to learn twice.
    My Pool. 20 x 40 120,000 litres (about 30k gal) sand filter, a pump of some type...lol & a bunch of neighbourhood kids.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

oh yeah and be careful wet testing a tub, its an awful lot like a car dealership letting you take a car home for the weekend, tough to just hand it back and say no thanks.....tough to get out of the tub and say no thanks, we close about 90% of our wet tests.
    Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself for he will never cease to be amused.
    To teach is to learn twice.
    My Pool. 20 x 40 120,000 litres (about 30k gal) sand filter, a pump of some type...lol & a bunch of neighbourhood kids.