Question concerning pool vacuums.

Jul 18, 2010
We keep a cover over our pool when we are not in our pool to keep away trash, we still get a little bit and I noticed the other day there were black specs in our water and was wondering where it came from then this morning when I looked at the top of the cover, they they were, the specs and figured out that it was falling off our Walnut tree. The cover is like a tarp so it is thin so water can seep through and I guess those thingys are going into the water and there's a lot of them at the bottom of the pool and we can't scoop them up cause they are so small they go right through the net. So, we need something like a pool vac to get them out.

We have a shop vac but it vacuums water and we don't wanna waste water by having to do that so I was wondering if the vacs made to clean trash out of pool also sucks water out too. Thanks!

I would recommend the Intex Deluxe Maintenance Kit, but I'm pretty sure it requires at least a 1500 gph pump. You might want to try something like the Skooba-Vac or Aqua Broom. You can find either one of these online for under $50 shipped.

I'm not sure what type Wal-Mart has. I wouldn't spend any money on the type that hook up to a garden hose, it will only frustrate you. If you have a local pool store, they may also have some vacuums that would work with your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.