please help- backfilling question

Jul 19, 2010
I know this topic has been covered before in various threads but I need a definitive answer maybe from a professional pool installer. I just had a 24' above ground pool installed in my backyard and the installers had to dig the pool down 17" on the high end. I now have a trench around about half of the pool and I don't know what to do to fill it in (if I can). Do I need drain tiles?? Can I just use the dirt they dug out?? (I understand about the issue of pressure on the walls with no water in the pool). My yard is sloped away from the pool pretty severely and always seems to drain away and dry up fast. I want to start cleaning up around the pool fairly soon and maybe use up some of the dirt they left behind. I would appreciate any advice someone might have.

Make sure it is covered under your warranty first. The ones that are allow you to "bury" the pool up to 2 feet deep. Mine is...........and backfilled with clay and dirt out of the hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.