Looking for a filter system for intex

JeffMD

Jun 22, 2010
So I am having problems with vacuming my Intex pool. The one that comes with it is worthless as it is wasteful (everytime you vacume, you pump fresh water in) and it is weak. So knew I needed to fit a real vacuum system into this some how.

It took me a few days to get together the parts needed to fit a REAL hose onto the custome sized intex parts, but my intex pool came with the 530gph pump and this thing couldn't suck a leaf through a hose. Luckly I had the 1000gph pump from the easy set we used to have but died, and while a very noticable improvement in power, isn't quite strong enough for a floor brush. Also the system lacks any kind of real filtering before it hits the cartridge filter. I tried using the sock filter that comes with it and wedged it between the hose connection on the brush head, but it fills quickly and is a major major pain to unhook and clean. Maybe if someone made some kind of in-line filter...

but onto the purpose of the post, I need a REAL pump filter, but I am on a tight budget (other wise I wouldn't have bought a $150 pool. ^^). I see intex has upped their selection of pumps, but I am getting sick of intex and their lack of following standereds. So I did some browsing and saw that waterway sells a series of systems, specifically the model 520-4010 with 1hp motor, but I can't find info on the size of its filter and replacement options, and it also seems like its an old model design (post 2008). The price on it is ~250 which is like, the best I can pay out. Anyone else have any other options to consider?

this is what you need . i just put this in today.....its GREAT! check out the intex thread in above ground pools section for more pics. very pleased with whole system! [attachment=2:112lvidr]52350.jpg[/attachment:112lvidr][attachment=1:112lvidr]40614.jpg[/attachment:112lvidr][attachment=0:112lvidr]59129.jpg[/attachment:112lvidr]

Attachments

• 52350.jpg
    52350.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 40614.jpg
    40614.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 142
  • 59129.jpg
    59129.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 142
i have mine hooked up now and i can tell you it kills my 2000gal pump. i stood out by the pool yesterday with skimmer net and watched dirt and debris slowly disappearing from the pool floor. i just waited for the debris to come by me and then scooped it up. it was like i had the over the wall skimmer hooked up but i didnt. i could never do that with my old pump. looks like i have a 16x48 whirlpool now! i changed the direction of the eyeball towards any accumulation of dirt i saw and this system moved it around. nice! :)

I'm looking for the same thing, sand filter/pump while being on a budget. I too am tired of the cheap Intex pumps and would love to have something that really keeps the pool clean. The local pool company has a Aquaquick 1/2 hp sand filter for $240, I've found some good review, not not so good. The Intex sand filter, well, it's an Intex, but I've heard decent reviews. I think I saw it on Amazon for $200, but I would have to get a couple hose adapters, while the Aquaquik I don't.

JeffMD said:
Actually it is probably because the item is showing up in their catalogs, but the inventory isn't in yet. This isn't even on intex's web site yet.

it is on their intex store website which also has a very helpful video on installation. i watched it and assembly and install was very easy afterwards! :)

foster, I'm not really digging the replaceable filters.. they seem to only hold out about a month and then they just leave the water cloudy, even after hosing it off.

and yea its a 1700 gallon pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.