Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I replace deck boards

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I replace deck boards

Not sure this is the right place for this question. I have some deck boards that have curled up at the end near the pool. I need to replace the curled up part. (See pic.) I also have boards I have to remove at least part of the board (need about 2 inch clearance to remove cap and only have 1/2 inch) in order to remove the top rail connector caps. (see pic) I cannot remove the entire board because another deck is built over part of the board covering up the screws on that end. How do you suggest I deal with this? There are two 2X6 joists supporting the deck boards about one foot from the end (can be seen in pic) One thought I had was to take a reciprocating saw and cut off the end of the deck board somewhere around the joists and then replace the cut off damaged portion. If I do that where should I cut? Are there better ways to deal with this?

As always thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), Liquidator, and a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How do I replace deck boards

Cut it off somewhere between the two joists. Add another 2x6 between them to nail too?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

How do I add the other 2X6? Do I add it parallel to one of the joists or perpendicular between them?
    Larry in Texas

Above ground 7,700 gallons, 19 inch sand filter ( 2 sq. ft.), Liquidator, and a WaterWay Hi-Flo Pump with an A.O. Smith 1 hp SF 1.0 motor.

4. Back To Top    #4

Bump
    Larry in Texas

5. Back To Top    #5

parallel to joist right up against the joist for a place to nail the new board down.
    24' 52" Above Ground
    BBB
    LOVE TFP
    TF Test kits, Pool School, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks
    Larry in Texas