Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Pick A Liner!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Me Pick A Liner!!!!

Pool Liner Selections

These are the selections that we have.

Which one(s) are your favorites?
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help Me Pick A Liner!!!!

I'll vote for cambridge Being in CA I'm thinking you would want a darker liner to take advantage of solar heat...unless you like your water on the chilly side
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

I vote for Cambridge too, because it's exactly the same as ours even though it looks like a different manufacturer. http://www.glipoolproducts.com/assets/h ... htened.jpg
    16'x34' IG Vinyl. 1.5HP Hayward 2spd. Hayward S244T sand. Nitro wall climber.

4. Back To Top    #4

We just had a new liner installed this year. We looked at Cambridge and Grand because we wanted something with blues and browns. We decided on the Grand only because it was a bit lighter (we had previously had a really light liner so we wanted to go a bit darker, but not all the way). They are both really nice looking Here are a few pictures of Grand so you can see it installed. We get a lot of compliments and comments on how it looks like "real tile."[attachment=1:3s01fg0g]pool10.jpg[/attachment:3s01fg0g][attachment=0:3s01fg0g]pool12.jpg[/attachment:3s01fg0g]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 8.5 deep, 28K, Hayward C4025 SwimClear Filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1HP

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Have them send actual liner samples for you to pick out. Most people that I show liners to pick the darker blue prints. Also if you want the print to look nicer longer I would recommend picking a print that has ink of similar color to the base color of the vinyl. For example Canterbury has dark blue inks printed on a light blue vinyl and Blue Raleigh has dark inks printed on a dark blue vinyl. So if both liners were ever faded the Blue Raleigh would look better since the ink is a closer match to the vinyl's base color. When you get the samples in the mail you can check the base color simply by looking at the back of the sample. Regardless if you really like a print just go with that print regardless of how close the ink matches the base color of the vinyl since they will all fade over time. Oh and one other thing prints like Albion that are actually brownish will lose all their reddish tones when filled with water, so instead of having a brownish liner it will appear gray in color, also as you look towards the deep-end of the pool the water will actually have a noticeable Turquoise hue
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

6. Back To Top    #6

I would say darker if you want warmer too...
    my neighbor has a lighter liner than I do and he complains that without the heater the pool never gets out of the 70's while mine sits around 81 during the sunny days.
    May only be about 5 degrees, but his gets more direct sunlight than mine too due to our trees.
    25k gal vinyl AquaRite T-15

7. Back To Top    #7

We have the Arizona and matched our interlock bricks with the boarder. We love the dark liner!!
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

8. Back To Top    #8

It really comes down to personal choice. I'd pick one of the brown ones, ever since I saw the picture in this thread:
    4-months-and-three-pump-replacements-ladder-corrosion-t23594-20.html
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

9. Back To Top    #9

I have the Miramar Grey.

I'm not so sure a liner color makes any difference on how warm or cold the water is. It takes a few hundred thousand BTU's to warm a pool 1 degree. A light or dark liner wont make any difference.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by danbutter
    I would say darker if you want warmer too...
    my neighbor has a lighter liner than I do and he complains that without the heater the pool never gets out of the 70's while mine sits around 81 during the sunny days.
    May only be about 5 degrees, but his gets more direct sunlight than mine too due to our trees.

One customer of mine is on their second BLACK liner. They want black for the added heat, but even if it does work I don't think it's worth the cosmetic sacrifice. Black shows up a lot of dirt, the dirt is lighter than the liner which is kinda weird to see for the first time. Also you need to sign a release form from the liner company when purchasing a black liner since it makes water depths hard to judge.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

11. Back To Top    #11

Lol at the cambridge lie the two other posts. That's the one I have (from highbury as well).
    19.5k gallons in ground, P4 panel with turbocell SWG, 1hp Hayward superpump II, sand filter, Heater low nox 250k btu heater, solar cover on rocky roller

12. Back To Top    #12

I had the cambridge in my pool until the deer incident.
    We now have the Miramar Blue.
    I like both.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

I like the Blue Raleigh.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

14. Back To Top    #14

I like the Kerry Tan because I like the look of the water in Henry Porter's pool - the Kerry Tan looked the closest to white.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

15. Back To Top    #15

I wasn't suggesting black, but to give a bit more detail...
    if you look at the bottom of the liners page in the first link given it would be like I have the oxford and my neighbor has the grand.
    That much difference gives a very noticeable difference in temps.
    The exact one I have seems to be pretty popular...Cambridge.
    You can still easily see the bottom and judge water depth.
    25k gal vinyl AquaRite T-15

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by X-PertPool
    ...Also you need to sign a release form from the liner company when purchasing a black liner since it makes water depths hard to judge.
    So does have crystal clear TFP water...my pool looks about 2" deep.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

17. Back To Top    #17

I like the looks of both the Kerry Tan and Atrium Tan....those would be my top 1st and 2nd choices
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

18. Back To Top    #18

I agree with Kerry Tan. My preference is the closest to white as possible so you see the beauty of the waters blue color. Now, having said that, if I were in a cooler climate, I would probably go with darker for the solar gain.
    Matt
    20,000 gallon, sand filter, IG vinyl

19. Back To Top    #19

I would be think long and hard about white. With a white or very light liner, if you get any kind of metal stain, it willl show up like a beacon on a dark night. A darker liner will hide iron or copper stains very well.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

20. Back To Top    #20

My wife has picked Blue Raleigh.

I guess I was a little naive thinking I had much say, LOL

I will fight a little harder for the diving rock
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast