Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a Pool robot for My intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a Pool robot for My intex pool

I just purchased the intex sand filter and Im thinking why not get a robot now that I have the power to. The manual vacuum does a great job with the sand pump but I hate messing with the hose and getting it primed. I was thinking of getting pool rover jr, but its as much as I paid for the pool. lol. seems like the hayward aquabug gets good reviews, but my floor is not the smoothest. will the aquabug do ok with a not so smooth floor and will it be a better option. I will be upgrading to a 24' pool this fall so it will need to be capable of handling that.
    Intex Easy set 18x48 pool
    Intex Sand Filter
    Intex SWG system
    TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for a Pool robot for My intex pool

I sure can't speak from experience, but in reading Aqua Bug reviews the last two days, everyone seems to love it. Many have commented on it doing well on footprints and uneven areas. I plan to buy one next year when I finally get a pool with 1.5" hoses so I can upgrade the pump, etc. If you get it, please update this thread with your thoughts after using it for a bit. Poolsupplyworld has it for $123 right now, with free shipping. I think that's a decent price after cursory searches. Also, I came across a whole series of youtube videos by a guy who shows how to repair seemingly every part of the aqua bug. Good luck!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't speak too highly of the Rover Jr. I love that thing! Rinsing out the bag isn't a joy but not much hassle either. Best thing is.........it keeps all that dirt and junk from going back through your filter. Less backwashing, chemical changes, and water loss. I'd consider it since you're gonna "upgrade". No dang hoses to fool with either. Great for a flat bottom pool.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

im confused. you cant speak to highly of the rover. do you not like it?
    Intex Easy set 18x48 pool
    Intex Sand Filter
    Intex SWG system
    TF100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the Aqua Critter and I have several wrinkles on my floor. And she has no problems with the wrinkles!!! LOVE IT!!!
    5,000 Gallon 16'x 48" Intex Ultra Frame, Waterway 1hp sand filter, Intex SWG, AquaCritter, TF100
    Climate/Location: SW Iowa