Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Importance of a pool filter cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Importance of a pool filter cover

Was told that a Filter cover is important as my filter gets direct sunlight. Please advise. Thanks!

If yes I need one where can I get one for my FNS DE 60 filter
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Importance of a pool filter cover

I see lots of pools with the equipment sitting right in the elements. They appear to last for years even then. I'm not sure they need a cover. However, it's never a bad idea to build an equipment shed over the equipment to protect it a little.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Importance of a pool filter cover

I'm with Bama. A cover is great, but not required.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School