Testing for bacteria, fungus, and other stuff...

You can do that if you want. Many labs will test well water for that kind of contamination, so just say that you pool water is from a well. If your FC levels are reasonable ,and you are careful to avoid contamination when taking the sample, you will find that all the normal bacteria/virus/fungus levels are essentially zero. Chlorine is extremely effective at killing nearly all of the normal contaminants. Killing algae is much more difficult than killing bacteria, so if you are using enough chlorine to prevent algae, there is essentially no bacteria.

thunderkyss said:
Has anyone ever done any other testing to prove our water is clean and safe, sanitized?

can I take my pool water somewhere to have it tested for ecoli?

not that I have a pool now, but in the future.

I had my pool water tested regularly by a microbiolgical lab whilst running an ionizer and MPS, not chlorine and the test covers total coliforms, E-coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and importantly Legionella together with a Total viable count.

You can buy dip slide test kits which are incubated for 2 days and give an idea of potential bacterial problems.

It is alway re assuring to have the results and as Jason states chlorine does sort out most problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.