Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HOW LONG TO WAIT AFTER CITRIC ACID TREATMENT BEFORE SWIMMING

1. Back To Top    #1

MS Gulf Coast- Katrina Survivor - BP Hater!

HOW LONG TO WAIT AFTER CITRIC ACID TREATMENT BEFORE SWIMMING

If I treat with 3-4 lbs of citric acid, how long before I can swim. I know the PH will be in the high 6's so will it be a problem? I have a party later today and wanted to "dress up" my slightly stained pool. I use citric so I'm familiar with the results just never swam the day of treatment.
    Thanks
    15,000 gal Sun Fiberglass, Glass/Lexan/Aluminum Enclosed Room, 1.5 hp Pentair Whisperflow Pump, Triton 100- 600# Sand Filter, Heat Siphon Heat Pump, 3 Dbl. Seats w/8 Jets, Waterfall, 8' Interfab Slide, Pentair SAm Spectrum Amerlite Pool Light, Stenner MHP5 Chlorine Pump, Kreepy Krauly Vacuum, Bleach, 50 ppm Borates, TF 100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HOW LONG TO WAIT AFTER CITRIC ACID TREATMENT BEFORE SWIMMING

Swimming right away isn't a good idea, or in this situation, doing the treatment isn't a good idea. PH below 7.2 tends to cause eyes to sting and some people will have skin irritation/itching. Also, citric acid only works when you/it eliminates all of the chlorine, and swimming without any chlorine is never a good idea. If you start the treatment and then add chlorine too soon (first or second day) the stains will usually come right back.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

MS Gulf Coast- Katrina Survivor - BP Hater!

Re: HOW LONG TO WAIT AFTER CITRIC ACID TREATMENT BEFORE SWIMMING

Thanks for the quick response Jason. Didn't think it was a good idea.
    15,000 gal Sun Fiberglass, Glass/Lexan/Aluminum Enclosed Room, 1.5 hp Pentair Whisperflow Pump, Triton 100- 600# Sand Filter, Heat Siphon Heat Pump, 3 Dbl. Seats w/8 Jets, Waterfall, 8' Interfab Slide, Pentair SAm Spectrum Amerlite Pool Light, Stenner MHP5 Chlorine Pump, Kreepy Krauly Vacuum, Bleach, 50 ppm Borates, TF 100 Test Kit