Recommendations for a step up from Intex SWG

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
I posted in other threads about my problem with the Intex SWG, so I won't repeat that here. But I wanted to ask for suggestions on which SWGs to look at which would be a step up from the Intex, but not too expensive. The max I'd want to spend is about $500. I see the Hayward AquaTrol is in that price range, so would love to hear opinions on that one from anyone who has it.

What other models should I look into?

There isn't normally any need to use salt test strips when using the Aqua Trol. In most situations, it's salt display is as good as a good salt test. The only times that isn't true is when the cell is failing or the water is very cold. In those cases it is often nice to have a separate salt test.

Thanks Jason... I don't test salt that often, but it still kills me when the strips cost a buck each!

Now just got to convince hubby on the Aqua Trol. Maybe I'll ask him to reset the Intex right before I bring it up. ;-)

We received and installed the Aqua-Trol yesterday. At first we thought we were going to have to overhaul the return jet, but hubby managed to get it on there without a major overhaul. It's giving some wonky salt readings, but I will watch it for a couple of days to see if it works itself out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.