Starting the Backyard Oasis

kechefs

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2010
We purchased our house last November and it came with a pool! Having never owned a pool in my life Spring and early Summer were quite interesting as I took a crash course in the art of owning a pool. Thanks to these forums and the great people who are members here I was able to get the pool in pretty good shape now comes the building of the oasis.

My wife and I work alot so it will be slow but we hope to get a few projects done every summer. I plan to post as we go to share our oasis with you guys and girls.

Attachments

• pool low qual 006.JPG
    pool low qual 006.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 2,348
  • pool low qual 001.JPG
    pool low qual 001.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 2,346
  • pool low qual 002.JPG
    pool low qual 002.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 2,350
Thanks, It has a Paramount system that seems to work really well although it collects debris in the corners and near the main drain. I am working on the plan for the landscaping now and we will do a little at a time as money and time permit. There was no fence when we moved in so that was the first thing we did. I also replaced the cartridges which were quite expensive so the patio will not get done until next year. I think I am going to add a rock fountain next, I will add pictures as work progresses.

Well after almost a year we have accomplished a little more towards our Backyard Oasis.

Attachments

• trouble free pics 001.JPG
    trouble free pics 001.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 1,671
  • trouble free pics 005.JPG
    trouble free pics 005.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,672
  • trouble free pics 006.JPG
    trouble free pics 006.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,671
I also have a pool like yours, deep "end" is in the middle. We've really enjoyed it so far (this is our first year). I'm about to purchase a volleyball net and I think this setup will be perfect for volleyball in the pool.

Your pool looks great by the way. I like the liner design.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.