!8 round general daily bleach amount to start with

dyiguy

Jul 23, 2010
New Jersey
Hi every one Just signed up,

Ton of information here, we have a 18 round I think about 8200 above ground Hay 1 1/2 DE
I currently use 3" tabs, I add about one every 5 days and the chlorine / PH levels stay's
perfect and shock about every 2 wks, our pool is out in the sun and I add some water
about once every 2 wks or so, guess that's why the cya is always around 60, our water
is basically Crystal clear all season. I read a lot around here over the last month great site.

My problem is our pool is to small for the big containers of tabs yet the small sizes always
run out? and I do not want to keep chlorine over the winter. I am going to incorporate bleach
into my routine from time to time, any advice before I start? any idea how much just in general
terms of oz's I might need daily, I know once I start adding some I will get my answers but I am
just inquiring for starters.

Thanks
Guys

PS my wife said "what" your going to add bleach in the pool, but she knows I only do things
after I really read up, so shes on board she just worry's about our 2 and 10 yr old boys. and that's
how the pool supply outlets cash in, one time she came home with stabilizer and a host of other stuff
when I asked her to just pick up a skimmer head, she didn't even bring water for testing with her
she said the guy said its always good to have on hand, when I first found you guys I said you
sound a lot like me.

Punch your gallons into the calculator for your cya level and you have it! I'm thinking a quart to 48 ozs. (daily)
Tell wifey to buy the kids ice cream instead of pool chems!

She just needs to understand that chlorine is chlorine. The only chemical difference between bleach and pucks is the the stuff that is added to it, the active ingredient is the same. Its funny how some people fear bleach....it is the acid that freaks out my family

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.