Individual Pucks at Wal-Mart?

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I was in Wal-Mart today buying some stabilizer, and noticed they sell individually wrapped tri-chlor pucks for about $2.50 each, and I am trying to figure out, what's the point? Even for a small seasonal pool a single tri-chlor puck will not last all that long. Does this make sense to anyone, am I missing something?

Ike

Isaac-1 said:
I was in Wal-Mart today buying some stabilizer, and noticed they sell individually wrapped tri-chlor pucks for about $2.50 each, and I am trying to figure out, what's the point? Even for a small seasonal pool a single tri-chlor puck will not last all that long. Does this make sense to anyone, am I missing something?

Ike
It makes perfect sense to me.

If someone has manageable CYA levels and wants to go on vacation without burdening someone to come add bleach, they buy a couple pucks and put them in a floater. If you're only going to use a couple a year, why buy a huge bucket of them?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.