Just got my Intex Sand Filter

May 21, 2010
And All I can say is WOW!!! They should of packaged these with it. Very easy to set up as well. Now here is my ? I have the Intex Swg as well and by the pool school you should run your pump for 8hrs with swg system. In the manual it says I should run it 5 hours for my pool. Which one should I do?

pitmanr2003 said:
And All I can say is WOW!!! They should of packaged these with it. Very easy to set up as well. Now here is my ? I have the Intex Swg as well and by the pool school you should run your pump for 8hrs with swg system. In the manual it says I should run it 5 hours for my pool. Which one should I do?

You run until you don't need it.

Run it a few hours, check your FC. If it's not high enough add another hour or two to the swg run time. if FC is too high, knock off an hour of run time.

no not that my pump. in the pool school it says to run atleast 8hrs when you have a salt system. I dont want to run it 8hrs if i dont have to. in the manual for the intex sand filter it says 2hrs with out swg and 5hrs with swg.

8 hours is generic advice that usually applies, but isn't true every single time. If you have a relatively large pump, compared to your pool size, and also a relatively large SWG compared to your pool size, there is no need to run the pump for 8 hours a day.

The Intex instructions are also generic. The larger the pool, the longer you need to run the pump. Intex makes pools over a wide range of sizes. Their suggested run time covers a fairly large range of pool sizes, but not every possible pool. Small pools will be fine with a shorter run time, larger pools will usually require a longer run time.

What kind of pump/filter did you have before? And when you say wow, are you talking about more circulation/better filtration? After visiting the pool place today (Still have cloudy water), I'm thinking about possibly switching to a sand filter.

i had the 1500 that came with it. I never had a issue with my water looking bad. I guess I got one of the good intex cartridge filters.. I cleaned my filter off with water hose every two days or so. Only used two so far. What I mean by wow is how much more suction and pressure. I would say its well over twice as strong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.