I have just returned from a vacation of 3 weeks. When I left, our pool was sparkly and beautiful While gone, our son was supposed to be putting in the chlorine and testing the water. If any of you have a teenage/early 20's son, you may know my next line. He checked and added for awhile but then other things took precedence. Of course the weather had been at it's hottest during the time I was gone. I returned to a pool with a green cast on the vinyl but not yet "in" the water. We did have to pull the steps and scrub those, scrub a dub dub underneath them and the wall behind them as that is where the worst concentration was located
I took a reading and here are my numbers:
PH 7.8-8.2 hard to differentiate
Water temp is 94; air temp is 94 but higher due to humidity. It's brutal out there today.
According to the pool calculator, I need to add a gallon of bleach plus a cup or two to get it to a shock of 12, so that I have done.
I may add some more CYA but not sure yet.
I am waiting until night fall to check the #'s again and then blast it with chlorine again. I have to lower the PH as well, but wanted to start the shock process first.
Anyone see anything that I should be doing differently?