IL
OK just did my first test.
CYA 40
ALK 160
CA 250
PH 7.7
FC 4.5
CC 0

Overall not bad. Going to lower all with MA. Added borates already so hopefully its not to hard to get Alk down. I have a swg coming and from reading I need to be 60-90 ALK is that correct? This is a vinyl liner pool and currently using tri chlor. Going to check out the pool calculated for how much MA to add. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, jeff

The high alk and the SWG will cause the PH to rise. Whenever it hits 7.8, simply lower it with muratic acid down to 7.2. the acid additions will also lower the TA each time, little by little and eventually your TA should drop into range. You can add aeration to speed up the PH drift and the process overall, but it isn't required.

OK got the swg here but the wife is not to thrilled. She does not want it at all. She Jinks we r going to turn it as salty as my reef tanks at 35 pom LOL. Re tested today after adding MA.

FC 5
TC 5
CC 0
ALK 110
CH 250
PH 7.2
CYA 40
TEMP 85

Jason, I need to be 60-90 alk if I can talk the wife into the swg and then around 80 cya correct? If I do not go that route does everything else look fine? She swears I am going to mess things up and thinks I am crazy that bleach is the same as liquid chlorine.

You don't have to have alk exactly at 60 to 90, though that is preferred. It is fine if lowering alk takes a while.

Yes, CYA at 70 to 80 for use with a SWG, CYA at 40 to 50 when not using a SWG.

If bleach is objectionable, a SWG should be a good alternative :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.