First Four Days

cna91

Jul 12, 2010
Layton, Ut
The "first four days" section in the pool school mentions to add the Dichlor to a bucket, let it dissolve and pour it in. In alot of other threads they mention the sock method. I, more than likely, will be using the HTH Stabilizer from Wally World. Which method should I use? at 1 oz per 500 gallons, I will be adding 24 to 26 oz at a time. (depending on how full I fill pool) Is putting it hot water in a bucket to help it dissolve an soption?

Pool is not quite up again yet, we are waiting on the pad to get here, we were hoping by this weekend, but it looks more like Monday according to UPS.

Dichlor is stabilized chlorine, which adds both stabilizer and chlorine, so it isn't appropriate to use the sock method. The HTH stabilizer has no chlorine. If you'll be usin the HTH stabilizer, forget the dichlor and use bleach for your chlorine source.

Oh,,,I thought they were the same...does it add CYA the same as Dichlor? Or should I just find some dichlor? How should I apply it?

If I dont find Dichlor I assume I use the HTH Stabilizer as per the pool calculator instructions? Which for 13000 gal, assuming I am at zero and try to get to 8 the first day is 14 oz by weight? Or am I getting it all wrong?

And then try to bring the FC up to 6 or so for the first few days?

Sorry, I thought I finally had it down, and now I threw myself a curve ball.

Dichlor adds chlorine, adds CYA, and lowers the PH. Stabilizer/conditioner/cyanuric acid only adds CYA. Dichlor should be pre-dissolved in a bucket and then poured slowly into the pool (with the pump running). Stabilizer should be put in a sock and then either put in a skimmer or hung in front of a return.

I would use stabilizer/conditioner/cyanuric acid to raise your CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.