Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LED lights

1. Back To Top    #1

LED lights

Has anyone put in one of these LED lights instead of the normal 400W bulb. I wonder if they produce enough light for the pool. I also saw they do all sorts of different colors. I have a blue vinyl liner so I am not sure if the colors other than blue would look ok or if those lights are only meant for pools with white plaster or very light vinyl liners
    16 x 38 inground pool, 20K gal, vinyl liner, 0.75 HP Hayward Superpump (SF 1.0, 115 V), Hayward Pro Serier Top Mount 24" sand filter (300lbs sand) with 62GPM design flow fate and 3.1 sq ft effective filtration area, Kreepy Krawly cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LED lights

We have 2 LED lights in our pool and in my opinion they throw plenty of light. They have around 12 different themes and really are pretty cool.
    Kurt R
    35900 gal. 20x40 Inground, Vinyl Liner with Deep End in the Middle, Roman Stairs on Both Ends
    Sta Rite Sys 3, Hayward 1.5 Super Pump, Aqua Heat Heat Pump, Paramount in Floor, BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have a blue liner and then turn the LED light onto red, would the pool be purple? I am wondering the the color scheumes would be screwed up by the blue color of my vinyl liner
    16 x 38 inground pool, 20K gal, vinyl liner, 0.75 HP Hayward Superpump (SF 1.0, 115 V), Hayward Pro Serier Top Mount 24" sand filter (300lbs sand) with 62GPM design flow fate and 3.1 sq ft effective filtration area, Kreepy Krawly cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

We have 3 LEDs in the pool and 1 in the spa. Very cool with the different colors you can choose and plenty of light.
    20,000G Freeform I.G., Pebble Finish, Rock Waterfall, (2) 2.0HP Jandy Pumps - one filtration & one waterfall, Jandy 60 sq. ft. DE filter, In-floor Cleaning, LXI 4000 Gas Heater, Jandy Aqualink controller, LED lighting

5. Back To Top    #5

This is the color of my liner and the colors are great. The purple color is cool. You can cycle through different themes for different effects.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kurt R
    35900 gal. 20x40 Inground, Vinyl Liner with Deep End in the Middle, Roman Stairs on Both Ends
    Sta Rite Sys 3, Hayward 1.5 Super Pump, Aqua Heat Heat Pump, Paramount in Floor, BBB

6. Back To Top    #6

Some pics with the lights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kurt R

7. Back To Top    #7

darker colored pools tend to absorb the light so its not as bright. Otherwise they are a fantastic item.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com