low alkalinity and high ph

Any idea on the gritty wall stuff? Brushing it all off. Calcium?
I am going to let the FC come down to my target, test again & make sure I am balanced.
Thanks to ALL.
Feel like we are almost there, Test kit was the best pool purchase ever! Was looking back at all my pool store papers-test results, & I can't believe I fell for it. What a waste of time & chemicals, & MONEY!
Will be supporting this site soon as I get my finances caught up from this pool disaster!!!!!
Any ideas on the gritty wall stuff?
PS my daughter said you could have her piggybank money, lol $7.45-she is saving for jonas cd. Single mom, our pool is our annual vacation! Hoping to get a month of swiming this season-have not been in yet.

GREAT NEWS!!!
I can actually see the vacume head, can't see bottom yet, hoping to see it tomorrow.
If I had found this site in May, we would have been swimming by Memorial day!
It hasn't been easy, & I needed a TON of bleach, but we are getting there.
Scrubbed the walls, FC still at 11, CC clears on 1 drop, so I am going to wait till tomorrow to run all my test again. Now I have an idea how to balance my own pool, & keep it there! My daughter swam for a little bit last night!!!!

THANKS!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.