Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Muriatic Acid Doser question

1. Back To Top    #1

Muriatic Acid Doser question

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    The only negative that I have experienced is rising PH but contributing to that is high TA fill water and high evaporation (solar) so I can never get TA to stay on the low side. But an acid doser was a solution to that problem.
    I saw this on another thread. A light bulb went off

You mean after 5 years of lugging MA back and forth from Home Depot to the garage to the pool to the garage & back to the pool, there is such a thing as an "acid doser" whereby I put acid in the "doser" and walk away & the thingymajig adds the MA on its own?

I googled "acid doser" and, although I got some extremely interesting results, did not come up with a product that I could examine & study up on.

I searched "acid doser" on TFP as well but no details...

Can someone enlighten me with some details on an MA acid doser? Since (at various times in the past, not recently) I have had days of adding MA at a gallon a day.

Thanks in advance.
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Muriatic Acid Doser question

Try This link or do a search for ACID Liquidator on this Forum
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/homem...uidator%20acid
    Converting from Baquacil
    20 year old AGV 11000 gal, Hayward PRO 150 lb sand filter with glass media, 1 hp Hayward pump. 1 skimmer, 1 return, bottom drain (best money I spent), Baracuda W01698 Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't know about an "acid doser" but I have been looking into pH controllers. It is a unit that measures the pH of the water and controls a peristaltic pump to apply the required amount of acid to the water. Units run about $1300 dollars for the controller, pump and tank to hold the acid.
    Carlos
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Your best bet on an acid injection system is either the one PoppaChuck linked to or a peristaltic pump and tank system.

The pump and tank system could have a pH controller added to it if you decided you needed it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Can the pump and tank be set to a specific feed rate without the pH sensor?
    Carlos
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool

6. Back To Top    #6

Sure. Some acid pumps have an adjustable rate, others can be set with a timer, others vary the number of restrictions on the flow to vary the amount feed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School