Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pad under ladder and wedding cake steps?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pad under ladder and wedding cake steps?

What are your guys opinions on protective pads under the ladder and wedding cake steps? Are they worthwhile?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Re: Pad under ladder and wedding cake steps?

Pads act as a protective layer for the pool liner. Although they tend to shift and move so sometimes they can be annoying. Wedding cake steps are nice for their size, making it easier on people who can't use regular ladders.
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3
    Orlando, FL

I never get tired of this...

[center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

Hattiesburg, MS

Anything you can do to protect your liner is a good idea. I am not sure if it is called "pop rivet" or "pipe rivet" but we got some of the rubber that is used on floorboards of work trucks (the stuff that protects the carpet from muddy shoes) and riveted it to just the rim of our stpes and to the base of the ladder. No shifting on either. There is what I would call small indentations from our weight using the steps, but that was the only drawback. I have installed a jet under my wedding cake steps to help water flow and keep alge from finding a way to build up underneath them, so I have not yet had to remove them for cleaning. If we do (and eventually we will) get to that point, then we will have a "marker" for placement, but no real damage. It seems that it's just a little post install settling.
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried