Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 220V or 110V for SWCG?

1. Back To Top    #1

220V or 110V for SWCG?

I think I am going to take the plunge on the new Pool Pilot Nano...someone has to review it, right?

My elec. box has 220V for the pumps and 110V going to a GFI outlet so I could wire to either. Is the 220V a better option? I know with pumps it is preferred (less losses on the wires I believe is the reason).
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 220V or 110V for SWCG?

It really doesn't make a difference but if your pump is 240 then I'd suggest staying with it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

There are other ways to do it, but it is usually best to wire the SWG in parallel with the pump, so you are sure that it is turned off when the pump is off. That means going with the voltage the pump is wired for.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys! I just ordered it. I know Jason recomended holding off until we get some feedback for a year or so, but I couldn't resist the price. I have to believe it is based on their exisiting technology, and the cell is the same as the small one they are using with the Digital now.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator