I am having a problem with my bleach being too strong, and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem
the brand of bleach is "Pure Bright"
Today I decided to go ahead and shock with chlorine since I have experienced stronger than normal chlorine demand for much of the last week. I only had 3 gallons of "5.25%" bleach on hand that were not already in the metering pump's tank, pool calculator said these raise my FC from its measured 3.5 to 8.0 (shock level being 8.3 for a CYA of 20). So I dumped the 3 gallons in and hoped for it to be a bit on the strong side. After 2 hours of circulation I have an FC level of 13.0 (tested 3 times from different points around the pool, ranged from 12.5 to 13.5), reverse calculating on the pool calculator shows this "5.25%" bleach must really be close to 10%. So right now I am hopeful that there are lots of organics in the water to help consume some of this excess FC, otherwise it will take a week or more to drop below shock level. (typical FC drop at less than 1 ppm per day, usually closer to .5 ppm)